The Silver Spokes provide a safe, friendly, supportive and encouraging environment to enjoy and promote bicycling in all its forms.
How Do We Support the Mission?
- Stressing personal rider safety — rules of the road, helmets, bicycle preparation, insurance.
- Advocacy and input to community groups and government on road safety.
- Beginner and multi-level training rides.
- One day tours and longer multi-day trips.
- Ride Leader responsibility.
- Listening to members’ concerns.
- Recognition of members’ achievements
- Attend/display at health and fitness and bicycling events.
- Media articles.
- Support for competitive members.
- Involvement with the Velodrome.
Outcomes to be Achieved:
- Increased levels of member’s fitness and health.
- Development of friendships within the cycling community.
- Increased recognition of bicyclists’ rights to the road.
For those who know and appreciate the value of cycling and the friendships gained. The memories will never be dropped.